NEW MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME…
A full programme of shows each year means we’re proud of our actors… but there’s more to the Chipstead Players than just acting!
We own and operate our 97 seat Courtyard Theatre, which has enormous advantages: we rehearse on stage, build sets right next to it, rig sound or lighting onstage, and socialise in one of our two bars! We usually produce 7 plays each year, and welcome Youth Theatre Members from age 7 to 18.
We have excellent onstage, backstage and front of house facilities and a committed and friendly band of members who would be delighted to welcome you in any capacity. If you’ve never worked in theatre before – no problem! There are plenty of people to show you the ropes – all you need is enthusiasm. There’s far more to being a member than standing on a stage!
We usually rehearse 2 nights a week, set building takes place on Sunday mornings and all sorts of interesting activities at any time!
Here are some of the ways in which you can become involved:
- Set design – Design our magnificent sets.
- Set building – Help construct our sets, using our range of power tools.
- Lighting – Set up stage lighting and operate our amazing computerised lighting board.
- Sound – Choose or create sound effects and music, or operate the computer-based control board.
- Costumes – Design and create costumes, head-dresses and so on; look after and add to our incredible wardrobe.
- Properties – Find or make props for use on stage.
- Set Dressing – Add touches to the set to give an authentic look.
- Front of House – Get involved whenever there’s a show on: be in charge of the site, sell programmes and ice creams, or run the bar.
- Box Office – Run the Box Office at the theatre: it’s open at every performance, and 10:00 -11:30 every Saturday throughout the year.
- Maintenance – Help to keep our building in tip-top order – a whole range of skills is required.
If you are interested in any of these activities, then The Chipstead Players has something to offer.
HOW TO JOIN
EITHER fill in and post one of our membership forms to the New Members’ Secretary at the address below
OR Email your contact details to our New Members’ Secretary: CLICK HERE to email.
OR apply in writing to:
New Members Secretary,
The Chipstead Players,
19 Anderson Heights,
1260 London Road,
YOUTH THEATRE GROUP (aged 8–17) £10 CLICK HERE to Download the Youth Group Membership form (2nd & subsequent Youth Theatre member(s) in same family are just £5)
STUDENT (aged 18+ in full-time education) £10 CLICK HERE to Download the Student Membership form
STANDARD Adult (Ordinary member) £25 CLICK HERE to Download the Standard Membership form
SENIOR member (over 60 and retired) £20 CLICK HERE to Download the Retired Membership form
SUPPORTER (for advance notice of events & priority ticket applications) £8 CLICK HERE
Any queries on joining or membership? Please phone 07811 031233.
Members and Supporters of the Chipstead Players are given priority when booking tickets.
Up to 3 weeks ahead you can get Priority tickets before the general public has access to seats! Your preferred nights, favourite seats and the blocks of seats you may need are all available if you become a Member or Supporter.
Passwords – please note: For Priority Booking, access to the TicketSource booking system needs a password when the tickets for a new show first go on sale to Members and Supporters. Each show has its own password, which is revealed on the ticket application form sent to Members and Supporters and in ‘Noises Off’ our members’ e-magazine; the password is removed once tickets go on sale to the public.