NEW MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME…
A full programme of shows each year means we’re proud of our actors… but there’s more to the Chipstead Players than just acting!
We own and operate the 97 seat Courtyard Theatre, which has enormous advantages: we rehearse on stage, build sets next to it, rig sound or lighting onstage, and socialise in one of our two bars! We produce 6 or 7 plays each year, and welcome Youth Theatre Members from age 7 to 18.
We have excellent onstage, backstage, and front of house facilities and a committed and friendly band of members who would be delighted to welcome you in any capacity. If you’ve never worked in theatre before – no problem! There are plenty of people to show you the ropes – all you need is enthusiasm! There’s far more to being a member than standing on a stage!
We usually rehearse 2 nights a week, set building takes place on Sunday mornings and all sorts of interesting activities at any time!
Here are some of the ways in which you can become involved:
- Set design – Design our magnificent sets.
- Setbuilding – Help construct our sets, using our range of power tools.
- Lighting – Set up stage lighting and operate our amazing computerised lighting board.
- Sound – Choose or create sound effects and music, or operate the computer-based control board.
- Costumes – Design and create costumes, head-dresses and the like, and add to and look after our incredible wardrobe.
- Props – Find or make props and dress the sets.
- Front of House – Get involved whenever there’s a show on: be in charge of the site, sell drinks, programmes and ice creams, or run the cloakroom.
- Box Office – Run the Box Office at the theatre: it’s open at every performance, and 10:00-11:30 every Saturday throughout the year.
- Maintenance – Help to keep our building in tip-top order – a whole range of skills is required.
Set and costumes designed and made by Chipstead Players
If you are interested in any of these activities, then Chipstead Players has something to offer.
HOW TO JOIN
To join us… it’s simple!
EITHER fill in and post one of our membership forms to Geoff Thorn at the address below
STANDARD Adult (Ordinary member) £25 CLICK HERE to Download the Standard Membership form
SENIOR member (over 60 and retired) £20 CLICK HERE to Download the Retired Membership form
STUDENT (aged 18+ in full-time education) £10 CLICK HERE to Download the Student Membership form
YOUTH THEATRE GROUP (aged 8–17) £10 CLICK HERE to Download the Youth Group Membership form (2nd & subsequent Youth Theatre member(s) in same family are just £5)
SUPPORTER (for just advance notice of events & priority ticket applications) £8 CLICK HERE
OR Email your contact details to our Membership Secretary, Geoff Thorn at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR apply in writing to:
Geoff Thorn, New Members Secretary,
1 High Oaks Close,
Surrey CR5 3EZ
Any queries on joining or membership? Please phone 01737 201230